CALL NOW FOR FREE QUOTE (713) 237-0904
CHEAPEST AUTO INSURANCE HAS THE MOST DISCOUNTS:
- Multi-Car Discount
- Good Driving Discount
- Automatic Payment Discount
- Pay Your Policy in Full Discount
- Multi-Driver Discount
- Defensive Driving Discount
- Homeowners Discount
- Non-Smoker Discount
- Previous Insurance Discount
- Married Discount
- And Many More
Get Affordable Car Insurance in Houston, Texas
There is no denying that Houston is big. With more than 2.3 million residents, it's the most-populous city in Texas, and in the top five of the entire United States. Not only that, the metropolitan area in and around Harris County is a home to nearly 7 million people.
It's easy to see why greater Houston's infrastructure system is so crowded, expensive and dangerous. That's why all locals need car insurance, and the expert team at Cheapest Auto Insurance is here to make sure yours is your perfect fit.
Why You Need Car Insurance
There are more than 3.1 million vehicles registered in Harris County, and in 2018, the county recorded more than 107,000 crashes. However, an estimated 15 percent of cars don't have insurance.
You can't fix mistakes made by other drivers, but you can look out for yourself. It's easy to see how much of a favor you will do for yourself by having an auto insurance policy in place. If your vehicle experiences damage of any kind, car insurance is supposed to help you pay for the costs of your recovery. All accidents cost money, and the right policy can help you lessen the financial ramifications.
Texas Auto Insurance Requirements
Texas law requires all drivers to carry auto liability insurance with at least:
- $30,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $60,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident (2 or more people injured)
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident
Liability insurance helps drivers pay for the damage they might cause to others if an accident is the policyholder's fault. The requirement for coverage ensures that not only insured drivers, but also other parties, don't suffer unfairly because of the policyholder's mistakes. Drivers can carry higher liability limits than the minimum, so speak to one of our agents about increasing your policy limits.
Keeping Your Insurance Rates Affordable In Houston
Houston is the most populated city in Texas with roughly 2.313 million people. It is also the 4th largest city in America. Generally, where there is higher population, there is a higher frequency of accidents, uninsured drivers, traffic and insurance fraud. These four factors have a huge impact on pricing for Houston car insurance.
Below are a few ways you can combat the higher auto insurance rates in Houston.
- Set your monthly payments on EFT
- Sign up for paperless billing
- Take a defensive driving course
- Drive safe. The fewer claims you turn in, the more likely your safe driving discount will stay intact.
Cheapest Auto Insurance can help you find cheaper car insurance in Houston by going over all possible discounts. We can customize your policy for exactly what you need.
Expanding Your Coverage
Once you have at least your required liability insurance, you can add other coverage to your auto policy.
- Collision Insurance pays for damage your car sustains in a wreck.
- Comprehensive Coverage insures you for vehicle damage that is not related to a wreck. The coverage might apply to losses from theft, fire, weather and more.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP Coverage) pays the medical bills of you and your passengers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Driver Protection covers you if another driver is at-fault in a wreck involving you. It applies when the other does not have the right liability coverage to pay you.
Think of your policy as a big cushion. You'll need a comfortable place to land if accidents occur. So, the more coverage you put into the cushion, the more protection you will have.
Insuring Drivers of All Shapes and Sizes
All drivers need unique car insurance. After all, you want your policy to be the best fit for you. We offer non-owners insurance, motorcycle coverage, SR-22 options, high-risk coverage and more.
Car Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost In Houston?
Houston's car insurance rates are among the highest in Texas, averaging about $2,800 per year. However, insurance companies often charge different premiums among themselves, so some might be cheaper for you than others. We'll help you compare all your policy options.
Auto insurance prices in Houston are 5 percent higher than the national average. Houston has very high traffic counts and a large population; that can cause more accidents compared to other parts of the country and raises auto insurance prices.
How Do I Save On Car Insurance In Houston?
Ask your agent to help you find the insurance company that will offer you the lowest rates. They can help you tailor your policy limits and deductibles to afford you the best balance of coverage and price. Furthermore, our agents always apply applicable discounts for every qualifying customer.
Can Flood Insurance Cover My Car In Houston?
Most car insurance policies cover water damage to cars, including damage from floods. Your flood insurance policy that you have on your home won’t have to apply to flood damage to the car.
Who has the cheapest auto insurance in Houston?
According to nerdwallet.com here are the companies with cheap auto insurance quotes. Please keep in mind their rates will take many factors into consideration.
- Texas Farm Bureau
- Republic Group
- State Farm
- Auto Club of SoCal
Why Is Car Insurance So Expensive In Houston?
Due to being one of the highest populated metropolitan cities in America, Houston has a few factors that affect auto insurance prices in a negative way. Below are a few of these factors:
- Heavy traffic causes more accidents which results in more claims the insurance company has to pay out.
- Houston has a large amount of uninsured motorist claims which causes insurance carriers to pay out more in claims money.
- Houston weather has a major impact on insurance prices also. It is prone to flooding and large hailstorms. This causes large CAT loss situations for insurance companies to pay out.
How Do I Get The Cheapest Car Insurance In Houston?
There are several ways to get the best car insurance in Houston. Houston car insurance rates are high so every discount is important. Here are a few ways you can save:
- Be sure to have an active Texas driver's license with no restrictions.
- Have a clear driving record for 3 straight years
- Keep your insurance active for at least 6 months to qualify for prior insurance discount.
How Do I Find A Good Auto Insurance Broker In Houston?
There are a numerous amount of auto insurance brokers in Houston. Shopping online quote comparison websites is a great way to find different brokers. Trustedchoice.com is also a great site that can direct you to independent auto insurance agencies.
How Do I Find Full Coverage Car Insurance In Houston?
You can contact a local insurance agent or go online to purchase full coverage insurance. Be sure and know what deductible you are needing before you get full coverage insurance. Many lienholders will require you to have a $500 deductible which can make your monthly costs more expensive. If you are able to do a $1000 deductible that can help you save on your monthly premiums. But in case of an accident it is always better to have a lower deductible because that means less money out of your pocket.
How Do I Find The Best Car Insurance Companies In Houston?
When looking for the best car insurance companies in Houston, here are several tips:
- Research the companies Google reviews
- Check out the Social Media Reviews and content
- Examine the website of the insurance companies you are looking at and see what their company focus is and how long they have been in business.
- Word of mouth- ask others their experience with that insurance company.
What Is The Cheapest Liability Insurance In Houston?
The cheapest liability insurance policy in Houston is a state minimum requirements of 30/60/25 liability only. This policy will get you the lowest monthly cost for insurance in Houston. The policy only covers the damage you do to the other party. It doesn’t cover your car or your medical bills.
Get Started Today
Cheapest Auto Insurance wants to be your neighborhood insurance partner in Houston. You can reach one of our agents via phone at (713) 237-0904 or get an instant online quote now!
E-Sign Accepted Here
We are happy to offer an e-sign option for anyone that can't make it to an office to sign paperwork. We want to make the process as easy as possible for you.
Note All rate data is generated as part of The Zebra's industry-leading annual insurance rate study.
See All Our Locations
Proud Members Of:
Join Us On Social Media
December 15, 2016
"They were very friendly and helpful, I highly recommend"