If you live in Richardson, Texas, you are a next door neighbor to Dallas, and an integral part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Dallas County alone has more than two million residents. And the Metroplex — which covers Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton counties — is home to more than six million people.
In Richardson, driving risks are often higher than they might be in rural areas. This means Richardson drivers have a higher chance of filing auto insurance claims. They may also pay a higher premium for their coverage.
Take a look at some of the driving risks present in Richardson. Then familiarize yourself with how you might adjust your policy to suit your local needs.
Richardson Traffic Statistics
Richardson lies near major thoroughfares like Highway 75, Interstate 635 and the President George Bush Turnpike. This means that a lot of drivers pass through the area. Like every town, Richardson presents unique auto insurance risks to its drivers.
- Richardson is in both Dallas and Collin counties. In 2016, Dallas County had more than 2 million registered vehicles and Collin County had more than 750,000. In 2015 in Texas, there were more than 15 million licensed drivers.
- There were a total of 2,212 traffic accidents in Richardson in 2016. Greater Dallas County saw 55,797 crashes in the same year. Collin County registered 13,764 wrecks.
- Richardson's motor vehicle theft rate is 1.36 incidents per 1,000 residents. The U.S. average is around 2.20 incidents per 1,000. This makes the Richardson rate a comparatively safe city when it comes to car thieves.
Local statistics often play a role in how auto insurers determine risk and policy prices.
Insuring Yourself in Richardson
Texas drivers can expect to pay, on average, around $1,600 per year for auto insurance. Richardson drivers, on average, might pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for coverage at the cheapest rate. However, risk factors could drive these prices to higher than $2,400.
Depending on where you live in Richardson, your auto insurance rates may vary. However, Texas requires all drivers to carry auto insurance. All Richardson drivers must carry a minimum of:
- $30,000 personal injury liability coverage per person
- $60,000 personal injury liability coverage per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident
These coverage levels can help some Richardson drivers, but they may not be high enough for many others. You might need higher levels of insurance because you live in a heavily populated and trafficked area. You should talk to your insurance agent about the best way to effectively reduce your driving risks.
Call Cheapest Auto Insurance at (469) 886-8080 today. One of our agents can help you get a quick auto insurance quote.