How To Find Cheap Liability Car Insurance In Dallas
If you’re experiencing hard economic times much like the rest of the country at the moment as you navigate the largest global pandemic in our lifetime, you might be looking for ways to save money. If you’re having trouble paying for auto insurance in Dallas, one of the most expensive places for auto insurance rates in the country, you could get by for a while with a cheap liability only auto insurance plan. If your car is paid for (not financed through a bank) you could take out the state’s minimum requirement for liability to at least be legal on the road.
The Bare Minimum Auto Insurance Rates In Dallas
These numbers were calculated by Nerd Wallet using the average driver stats of a 40-year-old person with a clean driving record and good credit. These are the five companies you’ll want to do a side by side comparison of to see which plan will fit your needs the best.
- Texas Farm Bureau: $441 per year.
- Geico: $559 per year.
- Auto Club of SoCal: $638 per year.
- State Farm: $754 per year.
- Republic Group: $858 per year.
Just a quick note, the Texas Farm Bureau is open to everyone but you do have to become a member and pay membership dues. It’s also good to know that Geico tops many lists for both low prices and friendly customer service.
Why Does Dallas Car Insurance Cost So Much?
Texas is one of the most heavily populated states in the US and has more than its fair share of accidents and DUIs. Within the state of TX, Dallas is among the most populated cities and heavy populations lead to higher rates. With this double whammy going against them, Dallas drivers do have to pay quite a bit for auto insurance compared to other people.
Emergency Tips For Getting The Cheapest Liability Rates In Dallas
Insurance companies do not use a flat-rate system that gives everyone the same price for the same policies. Many factors go into calculating your premium, some are outside your control but others are things you can change or take advantage of to lower your rate. Here are some tips for lower rates:
- Drive an older car. Brand new cars or expensive cars cost more to insure.
- In a crunch, remove teen drivers from your policy and do not let them drive. Your teen won’t like this but they drive up the cost of insurance. If you’re experiencing tough times you can remove them just make sure they know the car is off-limits.
- Keep a clean driving record by watching your speed and avoiding accidents. Don’t use your cell phone while driving, distracted driving accounts for many accidents each year.
- Pay your premiums upfront or use auto-draft to make your payments in order to get a large discount from your provider.
- Another crunch-time tip is if your two car family can get by with one car for a while, call your agent and see if you can get a lower rate by putting one vehicle in storage.
New to Cheapest Auto Insurance?
We know that liability insurance in Dallas can be expensive. Our insurance professionals are here to help you find the cheapest liability rates possible and save you time too! call us at 214-760-4883 to get a quote or for a quote online click here!