As a whole, Dallas auto insurance is the second most expensive in the state, after Houston. But there are some ways to lower your individual rates.
This video includes some tips.
Here is a transcript of the video.
How do I find cheap auto insurance in Dallas? Dallas auto insurance is the second most expensive in the state of Texas, behind Houston. But there are several things you can do to lower your auto insurance premiums. So here are a few tips.
- Keep continuous auto insurance for six months straight to qualify for the prior insurance discount.
- Set up your monthly payments on auto withdrawal to get the EFT discount.
- Sign up for paperless billing instead of getting bills in the mail.
- Keep your driving record clear for three straight years to qualify for the safe driving discount.
- Pay your policy in full for the entire amount for the paid-in-full discount.
- Put multiple vehicles on your policy for the multi-car discount.
- If you have a young driver on the policy, try to keep them rated on a liability-only vehicle and off of a full coverage car to save money.
It's important to shop around at your renewal to make sure you're getting all the discounts you deserve. The longer you're with an insurance company doesn't necessarily mean the cheaper your insurance will be. There are some companies who offer renewal discounts, but not all of them. When trying to save money on your auto insurance, it's crucial to call the best auto insurance companies for your situation.
For example, if you're a driver who has a bad driving record, it may be a wise decision to contact a nonstandard auto insurance agency who has companies that specialize in that situation versus a large preferred company who does not, and vice versa. If you're a homeowner with great credit and multiple full coverage cars, it's best to contact one of the larger carriers, like State Farm or Farmers, who specialize with that risk.
Ready for a quote? Click the button below to get started.
Get A Quote