Fort Smith has a strong connection to America’s westward migration. It was once a trading outpost, and played host to multiple settlers and immigrants. Today, it still is a hotspot for interstate travel - with Interstates 40 and 49, and U.S. Routes 71 and 64 running through the area. Local must contend with the traffic from these thoroughfares.
If you are a local who is planning to buy your first car, you’re going to have to protect your investment. That involves more than just driving carefully. It also means getting car insurance. In fact, insurance is valuable financial protection for all Arkansas drivers.
The Car Insurance You Need
Car insurance helps you pay for losses you might experience in wrecks or other mishaps. With a policy, you can receive funds to pay for damage your car sustains, and even get reimbursement for medical bills associated with your injuries.
However, car insurance can be even more dynamic. It can provide a variety of coverage for multiple types of damage. Some of these coverage options are required by law. Others are valuable options you should consider buying.
Here’s a closer look at car insurance coverage options:
- Collision Coverage: This helps you pay for damage to your car following wrecks.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This pays for damage sustained from non-accident hazards. Theft, weather damage, fires and other mishaps might have coverage under this protection.
- Liability Insurance: If you are at-fault in an accident, you might have caused harm to someone else. They can use your liability insurance to cover their losses. Arkansas requires drivers to carry coverage valued at least at:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 bodily injury for all persons per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Coverage: This helps if you have a wreck with an at-fault driver who doesn’t have enough liability coverage. You can use this coverage to pay for your damage.
- Personal Injury Protection: This helps pay for your medical bills if you get hurt.
Each part of your policy will likely contain limits and exclusions. These limitations will define how much money you can receive for certain damage. You need enough coverage on your policy to make sure you cover the value of your vehicle, as well as ensure your personal financial security. If you don’t carry the coverage mandated by law, in fact, you might face penalties. So, don’t wait to sign up for a policy.
At Cheapest Auto Insurance, our agents can help you determine the policy that is best for your needs, at a rate that won’t break the bank. Your deductible, limits and other factors might all determine how much you pay for coverage. We’ll therefore help you settle on the best policy for your needs.
Get A Quote